Wow, it has been a month since my last post; so much for thinking I needed the Internet. Although I think I have spent less time posting on my blog because I've been busy reading other people's blogs!
Here is the scoop on October... I've created a slide-show to outline the month but I noticed I didn't put any pictures of what I consider Andrew's and Ella's actual costumes. Our memory card so full for our trip to Boo at the Zoo and the famous Stevens' Halloween Party. I will have to get some pictures from the family. Drew was a dragon/dinosaur and Ella was a pumpkin. They were warm costumes so we didn't take them to Texas.
Anyway, last week we were in Texas visiting the Mabey Clan. Drew and Matthew were "best friends" and crazy partners in crime...jumping on the couch, pulling Megan's hair, splashing in the tub. It was fun (and tiring) to see them having so much fun together. That was certainly a highlight in the month!
We also had a blast at the Halloween Party. Karen goes all out and everyone dresses up. I think the kids really enjoyed the gooey eyes you throw at the wall and they roll down...perfect for Halloween!
Another highlight was the long weekend Jeff had. The MBA students had two days off from school for interviews (it was actually supposed to be the same time as the NSHMBA conference he went to, however, the dates of the conference changed but the school didn't change the break...) At any rate we were lucky enough to have Jeff around for a couple days. We didn't do anything overly exciting...just enjoyed some extra time together.
I don't know if I consider this a highpoint in the month, but I also celebrated my 26th birthday...I'm getting old! It was actually a fun birthday, low key, but I am certainly happy with all I've accomplished thus far in my life. Drew had quite the tantrums that week (he is phasing out naps, not on my orders) and didn't quite understand it was my birthday so he was supposed to be good :) He was a little sweety the next day though and even took a nap.
It is strange how I didn't realize how much I've changed until I started reading my journal from when I was a freshman....that is in part why I updated my profile. I used to love to dance and travel and sing, but it has been forever since I danced (and looked good doing it). I am still happy though...happier actually.
All in all it has been a great month for us.
Side Note: One of my favorite things is hearing Drew mimic my voice when he talks to Ella. "Hellooo Princess", "Good Morning Sweetheart".... I'll have to try and find some way of recording it, because he raises his voice... it is so funny. Although it makes me a lot more self conscious when I talk to Ella because I realize how ridiculous I must sound!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well about time! I've been wondering how you are doing. It looks like you have been busy! I was sad to miss you last night at GNO. We need to get together and talk soon! I love your pictures...little Ella is getting so big and she looks more like you every day...your kids are beautiful. Talk soon!
Hill
Post a Comment