This has been an exciting week because Drew has been using the potty and wearing training pants(he calls them that)/pull-ups! HURRAY! Jeff has really been encouraging him to do it and since he idolizes his daddy he seemed to do it to please him. He has been really good about it too; just kind of decided now was the time use the potty and he is doing it. I know it can't be this easy... so we'll see how this next week goes... I must say I am pleased he is doing so well though, with such little effort on my part :)
We also had a fun time celebrating the 4th. Drew keeps asking if we are going to see another parade. He really liked running for the candy. And speaking of running, Jeff ran in the Centerville 5k along with Grant. Drew ran later in the 6 and under 1/4 mile. It was a little long for him, but he seemed to like having everyone cheer for him when he ran across the finish line. Ever since being captivated by Chariots of Fire (he watched about 45 minutes of the show just mesmorized and he doesn't sit still for any Disney movie) he loves running and racing so we thought we might as well let him try it. It is kind of funny because he likes to get down in the running stance to start...I think he is more of a sprinter still ;)
We completely wore the poor kid out though, races in the morning, parade, carnival (he really liked the dunking booth and actually hit the target when he played), swimming with his cousins, a nap for everyone and then the ReAL game and fireworks after. He actually threw up on our way to the ReAL game (fore site I think) and has been a little sick the rest of the week. We have tried to take it easy this weekend.
I'm about ready to have this baby and was a little disappointed she didn't come yesterday for the 7/7/07. Oh well, the hospital was probably packed with new babies anyway :) Any day though, at least that is what I keep hoping. I always try to remember the advice someone gave me, "Babies are always easier to take care of inside of you than they are once their out!"
PS These pictures are from the Gateway Museum and fountain. Drew wasn't too big on getting real wet. He mainly liked running around the fountains.
We also had a fun time celebrating the 4th. Drew keeps asking if we are going to see another parade. He really liked running for the candy. And speaking of running, Jeff ran in the Centerville 5k along with Grant. Drew ran later in the 6 and under 1/4 mile. It was a little long for him, but he seemed to like having everyone cheer for him when he ran across the finish line. Ever since being captivated by Chariots of Fire (he watched about 45 minutes of the show just mesmorized and he doesn't sit still for any Disney movie) he loves running and racing so we thought we might as well let him try it. It is kind of funny because he likes to get down in the running stance to start...I think he is more of a sprinter still ;)
We completely wore the poor kid out though, races in the morning, parade, carnival (he really liked the dunking booth and actually hit the target when he played), swimming with his cousins, a nap for everyone and then the ReAL game and fireworks after. He actually threw up on our way to the ReAL game (fore site I think) and has been a little sick the rest of the week. We have tried to take it easy this weekend.
I'm about ready to have this baby and was a little disappointed she didn't come yesterday for the 7/7/07. Oh well, the hospital was probably packed with new babies anyway :) Any day though, at least that is what I keep hoping. I always try to remember the advice someone gave me, "Babies are always easier to take care of inside of you than they are once their out!"
PS These pictures are from the Gateway Museum and fountain. Drew wasn't too big on getting real wet. He mainly liked running around the fountains.

1 comment:
What a cutie! Will you send Drew down to teach Max about the potty??? His diapers are starting to gross me out! We're keeping our fingers crossed that you have that baby soon!! Good luck!!
-Linds
Post a Comment