Summer time and the living is easy....
if you're a kid!
Well we all have had a fun week; actually, probably more-so Drew and I than Jeff though. After deciding on Monday that he is going to go to BYU's MBA day program this fall, he dedicated the rest of the week to completing two online course that had to be finished by Saturday. They are done and we are both happy :) This might be a sign of things to come...at least the MBA program is only two years (more like 18 months because he gets the summer off to do an internship). I'm sure it will be challenging and rewarding for both of us in different ways. I am just glad the decision has finally been made and we can move forward with it.
Drew and I have been trying to stay busy playing outside (a lot) and thus trying to keep cool by investing in a new swimming pool. We invited the cousins over and used Grandma and Grandpa Stevens' pool too. Our pool is the green one...we will see how long it lasts. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun hopping from pool to pool and dumping water on each other. It is funny to see how they all interact. Drew and I also went to a parade with the Stevens clan while Jeff studied. Drew seemed to have a lot of fun picking up the candy and waiving to the people; another highlight was seeing Leo, ReAL Salt Lake's mascot.
Jeff did take a break from his studying this week while I went to a shower the neighborhood girls threw for me. I felt a little silly about having a shower since this wasn't my first baby. I guess I don't want people to feel obligated to come give me a gift, but at the same time I don't want to offend people by not inviting them. I should probably write in to Dear Abby.... The shower was actually a lot of fun and I got some really cute gifts. It could be that I enjoyed getting together with friends and I also appreciate the cute stuff they gave me because I now know how little I'll be able to get after this baby is born :) For whatever reason, I had a really nice time. I feel lucky to have made some good friends while we have been living here and will miss them when we move. I'm sure there are nice people in Provo too...
P.S. Only 26 more days until my due date...unless she comes early...I'm still focusing all my positive energy on the Seventh :)
if you're a kid!
Well we all have had a fun week; actually, probably more-so Drew and I than Jeff though. After deciding on Monday that he is going to go to BYU's MBA day program this fall, he dedicated the rest of the week to completing two online course that had to be finished by Saturday. They are done and we are both happy :) This might be a sign of things to come...at least the MBA program is only two years (more like 18 months because he gets the summer off to do an internship). I'm sure it will be challenging and rewarding for both of us in different ways. I am just glad the decision has finally been made and we can move forward with it.
Drew and I have been trying to stay busy playing outside (a lot) and thus trying to keep cool by investing in a new swimming pool. We invited the cousins over and used Grandma and Grandpa Stevens' pool too. Our pool is the green one...we will see how long it lasts. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun hopping from pool to pool and dumping water on each other. It is funny to see how they all interact. Drew and I also went to a parade with the Stevens clan while Jeff studied. Drew seemed to have a lot of fun picking up the candy and waiving to the people; another highlight was seeing Leo, ReAL Salt Lake's mascot.
Jeff did take a break from his studying this week while I went to a shower the neighborhood girls threw for me. I felt a little silly about having a shower since this wasn't my first baby. I guess I don't want people to feel obligated to come give me a gift, but at the same time I don't want to offend people by not inviting them. I should probably write in to Dear Abby.... The shower was actually a lot of fun and I got some really cute gifts. It could be that I enjoyed getting together with friends and I also appreciate the cute stuff they gave me because I now know how little I'll be able to get after this baby is born :) For whatever reason, I had a really nice time. I feel lucky to have made some good friends while we have been living here and will miss them when we move. I'm sure there are nice people in Provo too...
P.S. Only 26 more days until my due date...unless she comes early...I'm still focusing all my positive energy on the Seventh :)

No comments:
Post a Comment