Sunday, August 06, 2006

Doesn't This Look Like a Rec. Soccer Picture?


I'm going to try to be brief this week; mainly because I'm tired. I should maybe switch to doing this a couple times a week, we'll see. I'm not going day by day this week either...I have to admit I've been feeling like I need some change and spontaneity in my life, and it seems like it is appearing in the way I'm formatting my blog (at least this week...that's sometime about as spontaneous as I get!).
We have had a lot of beautiful summer storms this week which have cooled everything off and made it a lot more fun to play outside, when it's not been raining of course. And it has been even more fun to spend time in the back yard because my I Spy quilt is finished! It is amazing how much work and money it takes to actually complete a whole quilt! Karen bought me the kit and I have had the top sewn for a long time I just haven't ever gotten around to finishing it. Some of the ladies in the area get together and tie quilts once a week so I asked if they'd be willing to work on mine. Not only did they tie the whole thing in less than an hour, one of the ladies also did the binding on it too! Let's just say I am thrilled to have it done; don't I have great neighbors?! Here is a couple pictures of Andrew enjoying his fun new blanket. He loves looking at all the different fabrics. He'll sometimes climb onto my lap to look at them with me or sprawl out on his stomach to get a closer look. I hope it lasts a long time :)

We were also able to enjoy spending some time outdoors when Hillary and Jessica spotted by with their kids. I haven't seen Jessica and her boys for who know how long! Her hubby's travels a ton so they sometimes go with him and have been in and out of town a lot. It was amazing to see how big her boys they have gotten. It was really nice to just visit and let the kids play. It is crazy to think we are moms now with little families, when it feels like we were all just in high school. Like they say, time flies when you are having fun.

We didn't have a whole lot going on this week which was actually really nice. It is crazy to think I am going to be going back to school soon. I am only taking two classes again so I only have to go twice a week, but I still have to commute to Provo and that is never fun. Well see how it goes, I also need to buckle down with my online classes. I am getting so close, I will only have two more classes after fall semester. I just wish there were some way I could take all four in the Fall and be done with it. Maybe that would be too much, and since it really isn't an option I guess I better be glad I can do what I'm doing :) ...someday I'm gunna get me a educatun!

I did learn how to make frames this weekend though. My cousin Mark and his wife Krista came over with their kids and showed me how they make frames for the embroideries they do for Swiss Days. They make a TON and it is a lot of work! I didn't realize how many steps their are and tools you need. It was really informative though and fun to have them over. I'm attaching a picture of the kids eating together.

I'm trying to get all my projects done before I go back to school and one of them was making a frame for an embroidery I did a long time ago...for Drew's room. Hopefully they can help me get that ffinished. Grant has been helping do some projects around the house before he goes back to school too, and Andrew thinks it is really fun to help him. This is a picture of Drew "helping" clean the garage door. I ended up getting him another bucket with soapy water and it's a good thing, because by the time Jeff came home from work, Drew was in a onesie and his bucket was empty. He had a good time getting that way though.

It's been a good week! Here's Drew with Mugcka and Pugcka enjoying the summer evening...he's a little dyslexic when it comes to saying Grandma and Grandpa

PS We decided not to go to Mexico...it was Puerto Vallarta, then Maui, then Cancun, and now we are just going to stay home. As most of you know Jeff and I are two of the most indecisive people, and when we finally decided to go, I did one more weather check and got cold feet... we'll to another time :)

1 comment:

Morgan, Lindsay, Max and London said...

You are so cute! Those pictures are adorable!!! I just wanted to let you know that EVERYONE in my family is now doing a blog, including my little sister who is doing one with her EFY friends. Thanks for the great idea!! Oh, and when are you going to teach ME to quilt??