Sunday, May 04, 2008

In some ways I think the beach is even more magical than Disneyland, plus less expensive and a little more relaxing. I loved watching the kids busy building sand castles and chasing the waves. The nice thing about the Pacific Ocean is it is cold enough I don't have to worry too much about Drew running out too far. Although, I didn't have to worry too much about that anyway. He seemed content to play in the sand. Ella was pretty good about getting her feet wet but I didn't want her to get too messy so I didn't let her really play in the sand...maybe next time ;)

We couldn't have picked a better day to go to the beach. The weather was great and there was hardly anyone else around; could have been due to the recent shark attack....thankfully the only sharks we saw were at Sea World.

I just love visiting the ocean, like I said there is something magical about it. It seems to ignite the inner child in me and possibilities seem as endless as the ocean!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Marie said...

Your kids are so cute!

Andrea S. said...

Looks like you had a great time. I think it's too funny you didn't want Ella to get dirty....totally an impossible task especially at the beach :)

We need to get together again soon-let me know when you'll be up this way again.

J.Frey said...

I'm jealous you are at the beach! Your pictures are so great! I love the ones at the beach when the sun was setting. You really are talented!

Sally said...

I love all your pictures! Glad you updated your blog! Hope you have fun in CA.

Darbee said...

I LOVE all of these pictures! You did a great job! I commented on the post after this one, but thought I'd do it again... just in case you missed it! Anyway, I'm glad you guys had a nice vacation! I miss you and want to get together soon. Call me!

Chris said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. The pictures are awesome. We miss you guys. Has Jeff started his internship yet? Chris starts on the 19th.\

Glad you had fun in SD.

Tiff

Hillary Garner said...

I could use some of those rays right about now! What a cute little family you have Joan...little Ella is getting so big, i'm sad we don't know her very well...call me the next time you're up my way!

Cannon Clan said...

your pictures are great! looks like so much fun i want to come :)