Since I haven't been very good with my posts I figure I am going to do a bunch at once! Here is a little bit of what has been happening this month (since I am averaging about one post per month). We squeezed in a celebration for Jeff's birthday at the beginning of the month. Jeff had started a new block of classes loaded with homework and was also super busy applying/interview for internships, so we felt lucky to find time to go out to dinner!
Things have thankful slowed down a little since Jeff has an internship set for the summer. He is going to be working for a company called BD Medical (Becton Dickinson) in Sandy UT! When he applied for the position he told me where the internship was located and I told him that guaranteed that was the one he would get just because of the irony of it all. He is happy to have it and although it wasn't the adventure I had planned for the summer, I am happy about it too. Now we just need to decide if we should pack all our stuff and moved back in with my parents and save some money or stay here and not worry about the hassle of packing! Nice to know we have options :)
We have also kept busy with MBASA (MBA Spouse Association) activities. They do TONS of stuff like an Easter Egg Hunt, book club, we made I-Spy bags and I don't even go to half the stuff. Anyway, the MBASA has seriously been one of the highlights of the MBA experience for me; I feel like I've had a lot of fun things to keep me busy while Jeff has been busy with school and I've been able to make a lot of friends. Because of that I decided to run for the position of Treasurer in the MBASA Presidency. It was a little bit of a whimsical decision and I didn't put a lot of work into it, but I won and am feeling like it is going to be a great experience. I will be learning more about what I will be doing tomorrow so hopefully I will still feel the same way :) Although, after I won the girl currently holding the position told me it is the easiest job; just what I wanted to hear :)
We have also had a lot of fun trips to C-ville for birthday parties, Disney on Ice, St. Patrick's Day Bash, and of course Easter! We have really had a fun full month and it still isn't over. We still have Michael's birthday to celebrate of Sunday! So fun!
On a side note: (I write these things down so I don't forget)
Drew has really been into learning his letters and the different sounds they make and everything. When we drive around he will point out letters he knows. When we park on campus we usually park in the administrative parking (because it is after 6:00 or we are just waiting in the car for Jeff :) ) and he always tells me we can park there because the A is for Andrew. A couple weeks ago we took him to get his hair cut. On the way home I was telling Jeff I really needed to get my haircut and Drew piped up, "Why?"
"Because it is getting really really long."
"Why"
"Because hair grows so we have to cut it"
"Why"
"Because it will.."
"WHY"
At this point Jeff and I turned around to see why he was so enthusiastic. Ends up he wasn't even listening to me, he was pointing out the window at the big Y on the side of the mountain! Jeff got a good laugh out of it at least :)
Things have thankful slowed down a little since Jeff has an internship set for the summer. He is going to be working for a company called BD Medical (Becton Dickinson) in Sandy UT! When he applied for the position he told me where the internship was located and I told him that guaranteed that was the one he would get just because of the irony of it all. He is happy to have it and although it wasn't the adventure I had planned for the summer, I am happy about it too. Now we just need to decide if we should pack all our stuff and moved back in with my parents and save some money or stay here and not worry about the hassle of packing! Nice to know we have options :)
We have also kept busy with MBASA (MBA Spouse Association) activities. They do TONS of stuff like an Easter Egg Hunt, book club, we made I-Spy bags and I don't even go to half the stuff. Anyway, the MBASA has seriously been one of the highlights of the MBA experience for me; I feel like I've had a lot of fun things to keep me busy while Jeff has been busy with school and I've been able to make a lot of friends. Because of that I decided to run for the position of Treasurer in the MBASA Presidency. It was a little bit of a whimsical decision and I didn't put a lot of work into it, but I won and am feeling like it is going to be a great experience. I will be learning more about what I will be doing tomorrow so hopefully I will still feel the same way :) Although, after I won the girl currently holding the position told me it is the easiest job; just what I wanted to hear :)
We have also had a lot of fun trips to C-ville for birthday parties, Disney on Ice, St. Patrick's Day Bash, and of course Easter! We have really had a fun full month and it still isn't over. We still have Michael's birthday to celebrate of Sunday! So fun!
On a side note: (I write these things down so I don't forget)
Drew has really been into learning his letters and the different sounds they make and everything. When we drive around he will point out letters he knows. When we park on campus we usually park in the administrative parking (because it is after 6:00 or we are just waiting in the car for Jeff :) ) and he always tells me we can park there because the A is for Andrew. A couple weeks ago we took him to get his hair cut. On the way home I was telling Jeff I really needed to get my haircut and Drew piped up, "Why?"
"Because it is getting really really long."
"Why"
"Because hair grows so we have to cut it"
"Why"
"Because it will.."
"WHY"
At this point Jeff and I turned around to see why he was so enthusiastic. Ends up he wasn't even listening to me, he was pointing out the window at the big Y on the side of the mountain! Jeff got a good laugh out of it at least :)
11 comments:
So cute family!! I still have friends from BYU housing whose husbands were in the MBA program and they loved the MBASA also!! FYI, I am ordering MK stuff still...
Joani, Hey it's stephanie parke/bierwolf. It was so fun running into your blog! your kids are darling, you son looks like a mini jeff!
Hey Joani...long time, no see! I LOVE the Easter pictures. Your babies are too cute. Hope you are doing well. Let's try to get together soon! Love you!
Hey Joani~
Your kids are so cute! Where are you guys living? Are you staying home with your kids? It was so good to hear from you..
Marie
Holy freak you guys, when we decide to procreate I hope we have kids as cute as yours.
I love the "why" story...that is one you need to write down! Taylor has really been into numbers lately...it's fun to see them learning so many fun new things!
Joani,
I found your blog off Tiffanie's. Such cute pictures. I'm still sorry we had to cancel the other night.
Anyway, I'm glad I found your blog. Talk to you soon.
Hi Joani,
It was fun to see you guys today.
My email is: meg.ward1@yahoo.com.
Talk to you soon!
Megan
Hi Joani, I don't know if you remember me...this is Alisa, Jared's wife. I linked to your blog from Darbee's and I have to tell you that your kids are so stinkin' cute! Hope all is well for you and your family!
Check us out if you want littlehollandfamily.blogspot.com
p.s. we are going private soon, but let me know if you want an invite to our blog...we'd love to keep in touch!
Joani,
Summer Smith found your blog and I had to say hello. I haven't seen you in forever, since the married student ward like 5 years ago. Looks like you guys are doing well. Congrats on the kids. Talk to you soon!!!!
Todd and Dawn Gottfredson
Joani,Thanks for the update! I'm glad things are going well for you guys. Your kids are so cute, I love the easter bunny pics!
Post a Comment