Dear family and friends,
I just wanted to let you know that I will be running the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 19th as part of the Huntsman Cancer Foundation’s Hometown Heroes program. A small group of my friends and I will be running in memory of my friend’s mother who passed away this last year after a twelve-year battle with cancer. I would appreciate your help in reaching our goal to raise $3,000 for cancer research, prevention and care before the deadline on April 4th.
Donations are tax deductible and will go directly to the Huntsman Cancer Institute’s mission of giving people “a reason to hope.” You can donate online at https://www.active.com/donate/huntsman08/JeffStevens. You can print out a tax receipt immediately.
It's a sad truth that there are very few people today whose lives have not been touched in some way by a friend, family member or other loved one who has had to battle with the devastating effects of cancer. It attacks without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, wealth or lifestyle. In fact, 1.37 million new cases of cancer will be diagnosed this year alone. Men have a lifetime risk of 1 in 2 of developing cancer; for women, the risk is 1 in 3. Cancer is the second leading cause of death in the
Thank you so much for your help and generosity,
1 comment:
Jeff, I am running the SLC half marathon too. I will see you there. That is so cool you are fund raising for it too.
Post a Comment