Monday:
Andrew had his 18 month check up. He is still scared of the Dr.'s office and cried every time they wanted to look at him. (I think his experience at the hospital when he was dehydrated has traumatized him.) The doctor said Andrew is growing and developing right on schedule. He is also 95% for head, 30% for weight (surprising since he feels like a load of bricks) and 65% for height...tall and skinny with lots of brains...who would have thought with Jeff and I as his parents :)
Tuesday:
Jeff and I were able to join Grant Boren & Co at the temple Tuesday night. It was nice to be there with so many family members- Mom, Dad, Grant, Rebecca, Gary and the Dutsons. Jeff and I were lucky to make it there on time (surprise, surprise). It was nice to think about Grant experiencing everything for the first time; it made me think about the first time I went to the temple and how much I have I've learned since then. We missed out on eating at the Mandarin though; it was 9:00 by the time we were done so we needed to pick Andrew up and get him to bed... Jeff is trying to lower his triglycerides before he takes a life insurance health test, so Mandarin wasn't really on the diet anyway...let me know if you want some yummy but heart healthy recipes.
Wednesday:
I finally cut my hair! (Some people haven't even noticed though.) I think once your hair is a certain length, unless you cut it super short, no
one really notices because it is still somewhat long. I feel like it is a lot shorter though. It is a nice change and of course nothing dramatic. I really should do more with it... but I'm lazy! We went to Lagoon tonight with the Mitchells and J&C Stevens. Karen got stake passes from someone she works with so we got in free and rode the rides that were free:
the carrousel, train ride, th e Tilt-a-whirl. It was just the right amount of time for our group! We went to DQ after for a treat. It was fun to get together with the family, and good for the budget too :) Thursday:
Jeff and I went on a date!!! John hooked us up with some free tickets to go see Pirates 2. The showing was sponsored by a company as a kind-of customer appreciation/marketing ploy, so not only did we get free tickets, but they had free (and unlimited) drinks, candy and popcorn...the only downside (besides the weight I gained while we were there) we didn't get there early enough to take complete advantage of the free goodies... they only had M&M's and Jr. Mints left when we got there. We can't complain though! It was the best way to see a movie! Oh, and we also one a $15 card for itunes, now we just need and ipod :)
PS We also signed up for a new cell phone plan with Sprint. Our numbers are still the same, so if you have Sprint we can chat without worrying about minutes.
Friday:
In2M had their annual summer party with a climbing wall, a blow-up caterpillar toy/slide, and water balloon throwing. It was a lot of fun, especially for a work party. I think In2M has been a good company (for Jeff) to work for. He has really enjoyed working there and has been able to learn a lot. I also think they are lucky to have Jeff :) He has been able to get a lot of publicity for the company. He recently helped get a review published in Barron’s... If you still want to try Mvelopes let us know...now if the time...
(I can't find the card reader for my camera, so I'll upload more pictures when I find it)
Saturday:
We "enjoyed" the heat today. The air-conditioning was broken in the house and Mom and Dad were returning home from their pre-treck outing...we thought it best to let them deal with the problem. So besides the record heat, we had a relaxing Saturday. We slept in, Jeff went jogging with Drew, we went to a library book sale, I worked on my quilting (I'll post some pictures when I'm finished.), and we also babysat Jarom and Kai in the evening. We had our little splash pool going, so they had a lot of fun playing in that and going down the slide into the pool. It's fun to see the blonde trio together having so much fun!
Let me know what fun things you are up to!
2 comments:
I loved hearing about your week! Keep it coming! Wish we were there! You're having way too much fun--Andrew looks so grown up and handsome! Our exciting week events include: Meg's 4th birthday party-- a splashin' slidin' fun time; a 1st visit from the tooth fairy for Laura; and evidences on every surface of our budding artist Matteo! Love you!
Hello Sweet cakes. I absolutely L-O-V-E Loved it girl. You go! You totally Go Girl! Look at you doin' yow thang! Hmm Mmmm!
Yea, dats right. Dis is yur Bro out en da D.C. sista.
I can't believe how Big andrew is getting and how much he looks like jeff. Good thing too. That means that he's not a mama's boy. So, when are you coming out West? Huh? I hope to see the pics and to hear from you soon.
PEACE.
Post a Comment