Sunday, July 23, 2006

It has been another fun week...still hot though...here's the update:

Monday:
Not a lot happening Monday, although the dryer did break so that backed up the laundry a little and we had to get our air conditioning fixed in the car and that cost a pretty penny. I think all this overlapped into Tuesday too... Andrew did learn to say, "Niki" from our visits to let her out while Paul and Karen were away. He now thinks every dog is named Niki (he also thinks every baby is named Muckle (Michael)). Drew is doing a lot more talking; he tries to repeat just about everything we say. We are going to have to be even more carefully about what we say now!

Tuesday:
The AC is fixed in the civic!!! Also, since the dryer was broken I put off doing laundry and finished my cowboys corners quilt (at least the top). I'll post a picture later.

Wednesday:
We spent the majority of our time Wednesday evening driving up to a TravelWest sales pitch in Eden only to learn we weren't allowed to attend because children were not allowed (and they were not referring to us, we had brought Andrew with us). Needless to say, they did provided some gas gift-cards but would not give us the other gift cards that were promised for attending the meeting. I think we have learned our lesson and are through with these kinds of marketing ploys...we did have a nice drive home and stopped by the mall where I found some cute sandals on clearance for $8.00, not a complete waste of the evening :)

Thursday:
In the afternoon Drew and I joined Ali and her kids and John and the boys (Cindy was at girl's camp) for story time at the library. Andrew had a hard time sitting and really listening, but he did pretty well coloring a pig (the theme was pigs) after they finished reading. We all went out to eat at McDonald's after...and Drew and I both took well needed naps when we got home! The kids are all so active and have so much energy it is sometimes hard to keep up; it is fun to see the
m having so much fun together though.
Later that afternoon Drew and I headed off to Liberty park with Mom and Daniel to meet the Binghams, Chrissy and Janelle and their kids. Jeff also met us there after work. Andrew had a great time playing at the playground. It did make me a little nervous having so many kids around that were a lot bigger than Andrew, but we held our own :) Andrew especially liked the wading streams that are modeled after rivers/canyons in the wasatch mountains. These streams all flow into the "Great Salt Lake". I've attached a couple
pictures. I forgot my camera, so these are from my new camera phone. From the picture I'm sure you can tell how much Andrew enjoyed throwing balls in the water and watching them float down the stream.
We also made it home from the park in time to attend Kristin White and Tyler Brown's reception. We saw lots of old friends from high school. It was great to get home and to bed though...what a busy day!

Friday:
Drew and I battled over nap time...I lost and we were both grumpy the rest of the day. I feel like I didn't really get anything done or do anything fun with Andrew because he wouldn't fall/stay asleep and I couldn't bring myself to making him cry for more than 15 minutes...it was my own fault I know. Tough love is the hardest part about being a parent for me right now. Mom watched Andrew for me while I ran some errands (including a trip to the scrapbook store). It was a nice break.
When I got back, Jeff, Drew and I met the Mitchells, J&C Stevens, and Rob to party at Paul and Karen's place while they were gone and watch the Rocky Mountain Review. I'm not sure if anyone was really able to watch much of the game; it was fun to get together though.

Saturday:
Jeff went with John and Stevie in the morning to help look for a little girl names Destiny that has been missing in Salt Lake since either Tuesday or Monday. It makes me so gratefully I have my little guy.
Paul and Karen made it home safely from their cruise to Alaska...we stopped by just to make sure :)
We celebrated Dad's birthday with the family and then headed to the ReAL game for a disappointing game...let's just say Jeff and I decided not to talk about it on the drive home and we still aren't talking about it...The fireworks after were great though and so was the company. John and Cindy came with their boys as well as Mom, Dad, Grant and Dan.

Sunday:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAI! We celebrated with cake and ice cream.
I also cut Andrew's hair today. It was a little painful for me to do. I can't believe how long it was, and how blonde and soft. I cut Jeff's hair after...also painful but for different reasons...his is so much darker and not quite as soft. It was sad to see all that baby hair go; my little baby is growing up!

I HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A GREAT WEEK!!!

No comments: