Small Talk
I thought I would take a quick minute and write down some of the things Andrew has been saying that I am certain he will eventual stop saying and I will have a hard time remembering. The more Andrew learns to talk the more I get to understand what he is thinking. It is quite fun to watch and listen to him try to communicate with me more. When he doesn't really understand what I am saying or if he can't see what I am talking about he will always respond with, "What?" Emphasis on the 't' and it is more of a statement than a question. I interpret it as, "I'm not quite sure what you are trying to tell me so either break it down and simplify or show me, because I am not quite getting this." I try to explain more and get more "what" - he really says it all the time.
Andrew seems like a pretty enthusiastic little guy, when he saw a Christmas tree for the first time he said, "Ah, look. How neat!" I think he's always expressed his emotions, but it is so fun to have verbal expressions now.
The other day we were driving in the car and I had taken a piece of granola bar from him and set it on the console at a red light, when I began driving again the granola bar disappeared. I asked him if he could see it or knew where it was. He told me the maybe it was hiding... I almost feel like I enjoy asking him question to see what he is going to say. I am constantly surprised at just how much he is taking in...it is a little scary. I can't remember if I wrote this down, but occasionally when Drew gets extremely upset with Jeff or myself he will pull out the only expletive he knows and shout it at us...DANG IT! It is definitely affective...in a very negative way, and also a good reminder for Jeff and I (and Daniel) to watch what we are saying :)
My very favorite things he says are when he's minding his P's and Q's...I love "thank you mommy", "yes please", and my personal favorite "no, no thank you". There is something so sweet about hearing him mind his manners...I guess it shows a little gratitude and courtesy can go a long way. When he says those magic words I'm willing to do just about anything :)
PS We've been doing really well. We had a fun Thanksgiving with both families - by that I mean two Thanksgiving dinners :) Jeff had Friday off so we were actually able to enjoy some time together over the weekend (it's sometimes tough for us to have our own 'family time' without our own kitchen table :) ) BYU pulled through on Saturday - another good thing. And I was able to go to a Sing-In of Handel's Messiah tonight with some of the family. I have a cold so I wasn't doing a lot of singing; the music was still beautiful though....well that's pretty much it...now back to homework
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment